How to Shop for Earlobe Jewelry!
For people who are unfamiliar with body jewelry using our webstore to shop for earrings for lobe piercings can be a little bit overwhelming. So we put together this guide to try to simplify it for you! The jewelry consists of two parts: a threadless end or "pretty part" and the post which has a fixed flat disk on the back. These pieces are sold separately so that you can choose the length of post you want to give you the best fit for your piercing. They're also sold as singles so that you don't get stuck with pieces you don't need!
Picking a post:
We typically use implant grade titanium flat back labrets for ear piercings. These are available in dozens of sizes to perfectly fit a piercing in any stage of healing, no matter how thick your earlobes are. They’re also compatible with threadless ends from all the major companies so you have tons of options to choose from!
The length you need will vary depending on the age, swelling and angle of your piercing as well as the shape and size of your lobe. Ideally a piercer can help you size it but if that’s not an option here are some rough guides:
Happy and healed: 3/16" - 5/16"
Fresh or irritated: 9/32" - 7/16"
If you don't feel like figuring out something new we also have butterfly backs that are compatible with all of our threadless ends! You will simply insert the end into the post once you receive it to make a traditional butterfly back earring! If you have any questions about how to use these please feel free to reach out!
How do I get it in?
So what can I wear?Essentially any of the gold or titanium threadless ends! Since everything is sold as a single be sure to order two if you want a pair. Some classics are:
- Basic beads are available in a variety of sizes in both titanium and gold and are a staple!
- Simple disks are available in a variety of sizes in both titanium and gold and give you the lowest profile to avoid accidental snags.
- Prong set CZs are classic! We have them in a range of sizes and stone colors. Available in both gold and titanium.
- Bezel set cabochons are great if you’re not into sparkles but still want a stone these synthetic stones in titanium and gold are always a great option. They’re available in a range of sizes and colors too!
- Flowers come in a variety of colors in both gold and titanium and give you a large piece that stays pretty flat to the ear!
The options are almost endless! We made this Instagram guide highlighting even more of our favorites: